I made this simple, delicious cheesy spaghetti squash recipe for my family this week, and all four of us thought it was super tasty! It’s also low in carbs, fat, calories, is very filling, and would be a great fall comfort food. As an added bonus, the roasted squash will make your house smell AMAZING! Here’s how to do it yourself!
Yummy, Easy, Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Skillet
- 2 small spaghetti squash
- 2 medium diced tomates
- 2 large handfuls of spinach (I ripped mine by hand so the pieces would be smaller)
- 1 cup of reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Cut each squash lengthwise and roast in the oven for about 50-60 minutes at 375 F.
- When the squash is done, scoop out the “spaghetti” into a separate bowl.
- Heat EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat and sautée the minced garlic until flavorful. Add diced tomates and cook for a few minutes until soft (but not too soft).
- Add spinach and spaghetti squash to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir so that everything is thoroughly mixed and that the spinach begins to wilt.
- Add the cheese to the mixture and stir until well-blended.
- Serve and enjoy!