You guys know how much I love to read! I am a very voracious reader, and every year, reading more books than the last is a big part of my New Year’s Resolutions! This year I’ve committed to reading at least 50 books, but I’m hoping that I’ll hit 75. It’s definitely a challenge to read so much when you’re a business owner and you have two very demanding little kids. But you know what makes reading easier, not to mention, more enjoyable? My Nook, of course!
I’ve been using a Nook Simple Touch for a while, but when I was contacted to review the brand-new Nook Simple Touch with Glow Light from Staples, I jumped at the opportunity.
While the original version of the e-ink reader was a great product, the Simple Touch with Glow Light just blows everything else out of the water. Seriously, what an amazing product. I love my Simple Touch with Glow Light for a few reasons.
First off, it fits beautifully in my hands, as it’s about the size of a traditional book. It doesn’t feel as much like you’re holding a piece of technology, and I love that.
Second, the e-ink differs from tablet-style readers, as it feels like you’re reading a book, not a screen. It is so easy on the eyes, unlike a computer or a tablet. I work at a computer ALL day – the last thing I want to do when I sit down to relax and read is look at a screen. I was one of those people who held off on getting an e-reader for a while, as I considered myself a book purist, so I love that I feel like I’m reading a book and not a computer.
Next, the GlowLight is amazing, and definitely my favorite feature. Let me explain. If you’re anything like me, sometimes you end up sitting in your kids’ bedroom at night waiting for them to fall asleep and wishing you were reading your book… or maybe your husband is trying to watch a movie, but you want to read, and your lamp is too bright…. or you’re sitting in the passenger seat while your husband is driving, and really dying to finish the last few pages of the book that you’ve been reading, but can’t turn the light on in a moving car… Sound familiar? All of these things have happened to me! When you activate the GlowLight feature, the inside of the Nook illuminates…. there’s no need for a pesky book light or bedside lamp… the light is inside the device. Best of all, it doesn’t bother anyone around you, so you can read to your heart’s content!
Finally, I love how light and compact the Nook is and that I can not only carry all of my favorite books around with me (as a reader, this makes packing for vacations so much more simpler, I’m telling you!), but I can also borrow books from my friends and the public library. So cool. The device is so easy to use and user-friendly, too.
As a wrap up, here are some of the best features:
- 6″ E-Ink® touchscreen at a resolution 600 x 800 and 16-level Gray Scale
- Most advanced E Ink® display with clear, crisp text – even in bright sun
- Under 7 ounces, this is the lightest NOOK ever
- Over 2.5 million books, magazines and newspapers and if thats not enough, NOOK lets you borrow books in the universally accepted ePub format – so you can borrow and read eBooks from your local library!
- NOOK connects via thousands of Wi-Fi® 802.11b/g/n networks, including FREE access at all Barnes & Noble stores and more than 24,000 AT&T® hotspots
- Connect with friends and share recommendations about the books you love on Facebook and Twitter, or swap books with LendMe® technology
- 2GB holds up to 1000 books
- With 2GB of space and 32GB w/ microSD card expandable memory, your library has virtually no limits
- Get handpicked recommendations on what to read next and personalize your reading experience by adding your own screensaver and bookshelves
- Read for over 1 month on a single charge with GlowLight on and 2 months with it off
- Dimensions 6.5″ H x 5.0″ W x .47″ D, 6.95 oz
- 1 year limited manufacturers warranty
The Nook Simple Touch with Glow Light is available for just $119 at Staples.com or in your local Staples store! If you love to read, seriously go get one now. You will not regret it!
If you’re a member over at GoodReads, please add me as a friend so you can keep up with what I’m reading!
Disclosure: Staples provided me with this Nook Reader with Glow Light. The words and opinions expressed in this review are strictly my own. To see the full line of E-Reader Tablets visit Staples.com.
2 thoughts on “Review: Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight from Staples”
The Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight is a wonderful device. Bright Autumn Sun’s review is excellent and demonstrates how the device makes reading a pleasure in any situation. The Simple Touch with GlowLight is easy to read and a fabulous size when you are traveling. Add this treasure to your device collection and make it a literary win-win for you, the book & the Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight! I am on my way now to to purchase one for my husband.
my friend has the nook glow and she loves it!! i like the nook a lot, and i wish it was around when i was looking at buying an e-reader. i had a sony reader (which ended up breaking) and now i have a regular kindle & a kindle fire. i love the kindle fire! 🙂
i also love getting library books for my kindle. a great way to use my device but not spend too much money 🙂