Last year I didn’t make any resolutions at all. I just wanted to have a good year, and I think I succeeded at that. I had a fun year with my family, took some great vacations, and I’m really excited about what 2011 will bring. I did make some goals for this year, and here they are:
1. Sleep more. Quit staying up until 3am working. Nothing is THAT important and it can all wait until tomorrow.
2. Start reading again. Go to the library. See if I can hit 25 books – if I make it, read 50!
3. Finish designing our family photo albums and get them printed. There is no excuse for not having an album from our honeymoon seven years ago. Get caught up before things get busy!
4. Lose weight before I decide to get pregnant again!
5. Get things organized better around the house and in the garage. Stay on top of organizing/cleaning on a regular basis.
6. Fill up the walls with artwork – either my own prints or original artwork found on Etsy.
7. Shoot more. I believe that I have a gift with the camera, and not using it for myself is a disservice both to me and my family.
8. Be a better blogger. That includes redesigning this blog, too.
9. Work during working hours. Use the time after the baby is in bed to work on things that don’t include sitting motionless staring at a computer screen. After all, why be your own boss if you can’t enjoy it?
10. Take more time out of each week to spend on marketing for the business, such as working on my photography blog or meeting with other vendors.
11. Make more memories, have more adventures, and enjoy life as much as I possibly can!
Here’s to change in 2011. Bring it on!
Don’t forget to vote for Bright Autumn Sun on Picket Fence or Top Baby Blogs! 🙂
8 thoughts on “New Year’s Resolutions for 2011”
I think your resolutions sound both great and do-able. I know that once I started reviewing books on my blog, I started reading so much. I am a new follower from the Simply Stacie Resolution Linky and I also love photography and one of my resolutions is a 365 project.
Allison: Thank you for visiting my blog! Hope you have lots of luck completing your 365 project. Reviewing books on my blog is a great idea… maybe I’ll do that this year too!
are we twinkies? i swear to you, 10 out of 11 resolutions(#10 the one excluded) are the same exact resolutions i set for myself. how funny. even the lose weight to have another baby. crazy! i would add learn how to freaking knit because i’ve been telling myself that for years and have yet to even do it. ugh. here’s to another great year friend! i still need to work on my stupid albums too (i have none). need to work on getting crap on my walls too (i don’t own ONE single print of any pictures i took! NONE! i printed out a few and my mother stole them! i wish frames were so freaking expensive :o(. after reading an article about gaining weight and sleep deprivation (makes you gain. like you didn’t know that already i’m sure. common sense right? i never really thought about it before) but here i am 2am. STILL not in bed lmao.
Anne…. get some sleep!!! Seriously. It makes SUCH a diff. not to be a zombie in the morning and I am LOVING it. Dooooo eeeeet.
I like your list. I was truly inspired by you last year and your goal to read 25 books. I made it my goal for 2010. I almost made it, too…I read 22. Maybe this year I will shoot for 20 and be able to celebrate.
Aww, thanks Christy! I didn’t actually start that goal until about March, believe it or not, and I didn’t even keep track of all the books I read. I know I completed all of the House of Night books (six, I think) and the Sookie Books (11) and four other Charlaine Harris books… so that’s 21… and I think there were a couple more that I can’t recall. If only baby books counted, right? 🙂 This year I’m starting with Vampire Academy which is six books right off the bat… then I have the Percy Jackson books to read!
[…] last week I made a blog post with my New Year’s Resolutions, and it’s been going well. I’ve been getting an appropriate amount of sleep, have been […]
[…] of you may remember that when I made my new year’s resolutions this year, I challenged myself to read 25 books or more. Well, it’s time to do a little update and […]