The Project Photography Book was written by Angie Warren, otherwise known as The Creative Mama (her site has tons of photography giveaways, so if you don’t yet subscribe, you should). Angie is a photographer, a teacher, and a blogger, and decided to write Project Photography to help those who wanted to learn more about photography and how to use their camera.
She sent me her e-book to read over, and after spending some time with it, I can tell you honestly that it’s well written with gorgeous images, gives great ideas and suggestions for photographing your family and friends naturally, and teaches you how to use your camera in a totally non-threatening way that is easy to understand for a non-professional photographer. If you have been wanting to take better pictures of your kid, your dog, or your friends – this is the book to buy. Angie addresses so many great questions in her book from actually getting your kids to cooperate during photo-taking sessions, to organizing your images, backing up, displaying your work, and so much more
If you don’t have a DSLR yet, but plan to get one, I highly recommend buying the Project Photography Book so that you can learn to take better photos with your point-and-shoot (info about automatic settings is included too) and learn more about camera functions and composition to prepare you for your DSLR purchase.
BUY IT! You can buy the Project Photography Book for only $60 on Angie’s site. This book is quite a steal considering the wealth of information inside it! Get it now so that you can take amazing pics of your family this year during holiday gatherings!
WIN IT! I’m super excited that Angie has offered a copy of her amazing e-book to one Bright Autumn Sun reader! This is an awesome resource!
Mandatory entry: To enter the contest, all you need to do is leave a comment to this post letting me know what you’re most looking forward to photographing this holiday season!
Additional entries (leave a SEPARATE comment for each one, so if you follow my Facebook and subscribe via email, you would leave two comments. Please do not put all entries into 1 comment or they will NOT be counted!):
- Follow my blog with Google Friend Connect (see sidebar)
- Let me know if you follow Bright Autumn Sun’s Facebook Page
- Let me know if you follow Karen Lisa Artistic Photography’s Facebook Page
- Follow @karenlisa on Twitter
- Let me know if you follow The Creative Mama’s Facebook Page
- Follow @angiewarren on Twitter
- Follow @thecreativemama on Twitter
- Add Bright Autumn Sun (http://www.siren.org) to your blog roll (or grab my button)
- Subscribe via email (see sidebar & verify your address) or subscribe to my RSS feed
- Vote for my blog on Top Baby Blogs (vote daily for extra entries!)
- Vote for my blog on Picket Fence Blogs (vote daily for extra entries!)
- Tweet daily for extra entries: I entered to win the Project Photography Book from @angiewarren & @karenlisa during #photofunmonth! http://bit.ly/9Gj8Ms
The contest ends on November 24, 2010 at 11:59pm Eastern time.
Disclosure: I received a copy of the book for review. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own.