For some people, camera straps are about form & function, but others like to play a bit. I enjoy having a bit of both – it needs to be comfy, but I like to have fun with my camera strap, too!
Fortunately, Gabi from My Funky Camera has designed an awesome camera strap that has a fun pattern as well as a super soft minky backing to go around your neck! Gabi offers her camera straps in tons of amazing patterns. Check them out:
Gabi sent me the strap of my choice to review. I wanted something fun that I could use when I’m not doing weddings so I chose the Crime Scene strap. I love crime TV shows like Dexter, CSI: NY, CSI: Miami, etc, so when I saw it, I knew I had to have it! And I absolutely love it!!!
I found the strap to be exceptionally well made and very strong. In the past I have had trouble with straps that have buckles that come loose or slip while shooting. This can be very problematic (as you can imagine) if in the middle of a session or a wedding. This is not so with Gabi’s My Funky Camera straps. The buckle on her straps is extremely tight and I have no worries that it will come off. It is an extremely high-quality product! Additionally, I love that she uses the minky fabric around the neck strap. It’s like having a baby’s blanket around your neck – super soft, cuddly, and comfortable. This feature makes wearing the strap for a long period of time much easier. There is also a great feeling knowing that this strap is hand made and that someone took the care in making sure I have something comfy to wear around my neck!
In addition to neck straps for SLR Cameras, Gabi also designs My Funky Camera straps for point and shoots, camera wristlet/hand straps, and coming soon- guitar straps! She also makes cute little jotter notebooks. Here are a few of my favorites from her other designs:
BUY IT! Want to stock up on these for holiday gifts? visit My Funky Camera and purchase your own strap — Get 10% off with coupon code AUTUMN!!
WIN IT! One reader of Bright Autumn Sun will win the neck strap of their choice! So awesome!
Mandatory entry: Visit My Funky Camera and tell me what your favorite product/pattern is. Would you get a Crime Scene wrist strap? A Cherry Blossom neck strap? One of the lovely Andalucia prints for your point & shoot? Leave a comment letting me know what you would want from Gabi’s shop!
Additional entries (leave a SEPARATE comment for each one, so if you follow my Facebook and subscribe via email, you would leave two comments. Please do not put all entries into 1 comment or they will NOT be counted!):
- Follow my blog with Google Friend Connect (see sidebar)
- Let me know if you follow Bright Autumn Sun’s Facebook Page
- Let me know if you follow Karen Lisa Artistic Photography’s Facebook Page
- Follow @karenlisa on Twitter
- Let me know if you follow My Funky Camera’s Facebook Page
- Follow @myfunkycamera on Twitter
- Add Bright Autumn Sun (http://www.siren.org) to your blog roll (or grab my button)
- Subscribe via email (see sidebar & verify your address) or subscribe to my RSS feed
- Vote for my blog on Top Baby Blogs (vote daily for extra entries!)
- Vote for my blog on Picket Fence Blogs (vote daily for extra entries!)
- Tweet daily for extra entries: I entered to win a super funky and comfy neck strap from @myfunkycamera & @karenlisa during #photofunmonth! http://bit.ly/gLkOWN
The contest ends on December 3, 2010 at 11:59pm Eastern time.
Disclosure: I received a sample product for review. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own.