As a photographer, I’m always on the lookout for awesome products that will enhance my work – either new gear or new things to do with my photos. Well, when I saw Modern Bird for the first time, I was totally intrigued! Artist Gregg Deal is the man behind Modern Bird Studios. With the help of his awesome wife Megan, he creates amazingly artistic pieces from his clients’ personal photographs, basically turning most people’s snapshots into true works of art.
I love Gregg’s style – his paintings are kind of reminiscent of 60’s pop art, but also very modern (obviously!). And the amount of detail in his work cannot even be described in words. All of the pieces are painted on slabs of wood for a very organic, authentic look.
Working with Gregg and Megan to have this piece created was such an easy process – I was a little unsure of my color choices, and Gregg did the job for me by creating proofs that he thought I would like. He was spot on, with his own artistic license, and this amazing black and white rendition was absolutely perfect for this image! Check out the amazing sample piece that Gregg and his wife Megan put together for me from one of my favorite pictures of Zachary:
Seriously, how cool is that?! I’m not even sure if you can tell how detailed this is from my photos, but it is painstakingly intricate. Truly amazing work!! I have studied this piece thoroughly and am seriously blown away by how detailed Gregg’s process is for painting these awesome works of art. I’m so happy to display this fantastic painting!
So have I convinced you yet how amazing Modern Bird is? Do you want one yet?
BUY IT! Visit Modern Bird Studios to buy your own amazing piece of artwork! Use coupon code KARENLISA through December 13th to get 15% off. Also, all holiday orders must be in by December 1st.
WIN IT! Modern Bird is going to be giving one of my awesome readers a $200 gift certificate to use towards your own amazingly awesome piece of artwork! The contest is open to US & Canada, and no previous winners are eligible to enter.
Mandatory entry: Visit Modern Bird Studios and tell me what your favorite colors are! Which colors would you pick for your piece? Would you want a 3 color process? A piece with 5 colors?
Additional entries (leave a SEPARATE comment for each one, so if you follow my Facebook and subscribe via email, you would leave two comments. Please do not put all entries into 1 comment or they will NOT be counted!):
- Follow my blog with Google Friend Connect (see sidebar)
- Let me know if you follow Bright Autumn Sun’s Facebook Page
- Let me know if you follow Karen Lisa Artistic Photography’s Facebook Page
- Follow @karenlisa on Twitter
- Let me know if you follow Modern Bird Studios’ Facebook Page
- Follow @modern_bird on Twitter
- Add Bright Autumn Sun (http://www.siren.org) to your blog roll (or grab my button)
- Subscribe via email (see sidebar & verify your address) or subscribe to my RSS feed
- Vote for my blog on Top Baby Blogs (vote daily for extra entries!)
- Vote for my blog on Picket Fence Blogs (vote daily for extra entries!)
- Tweet daily for extra entries: I entered to win $200 towards an incredible @modern_bird custom painting from @karenlisa during #photofunmonth! http://bit.ly/gurrsw
The contest ends on December 6, 2010 at 11:59pm Eastern time.
Disclosure: I received a sample product for review. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own.