Click here to learn about Mixtape Mondays! If you want to participate, just click there to join in the fun!
I love alternative & modern rock… here are some songs I’m digging right now – some new ones and some songs from the past couple years… it’s all great stuff!
- Brandon Flowers – Crossfire – heard this new singer from this Killers bandmember on a Sirius/XM station & LOVED it!
- The Airborne Toxic Event – Sometime Around Midnight – um, this is awesome, just listen to it….
- Gnarls Barkley – Crazy – This song has such a great feel to it… smooth, with a lovely lilting violin in the chorus.
- Shinedown – Second Chance – really love the chorus on this song… “tell my mother, tell my father….”
- Finger Eleven – Paralyzer – I’ve been a finger eleven fan for years and I really love how this song hooks you in!
- Paramore – Decode – this is one of my favorites from the Twilight soundtrack… love playing this in the car or when I’m working!
- Auf Der Maur – Real a Lie – solo work by Melissa Auf Der Maur from the Smashing Pumpkins. Her work is really interesting.
- Coldplay – Viva la Vida – this song made me really love Coldplay.
- White Stripes – We’re Going to be Friends – this is such a cute song, if you listen to the lyrics.
- O.A.R. – Shattered – I remember hearing this song for the first time in the car…. I had to sit and listen until it was over.
Like many of my mixes, this one starts slowly, ramps up pretty fast as your heart starts pounding….. and then quiets down. My favorite kind of mix. 🙂 Hope you enjoy it!